Coastal Health Alliance Press Release
Point Reyes Station release., CA: On August 12, 2020 Petaluma Health Center, Inc. (PHC) – which operates 10 health clinic sites in Sonoma County and Marin County, including the Rohnert Park Health Center and three clinic sites in Point Reyes and Bolinas in West Marin – is due to unexpectedly lose Dr. Ajeet Sidhu – a full-time family medicine physician, providing care to Coastal Health Alliance patients in West Marin – as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is requiring him to return to Canada.
USCIS has denied Dr. Sidhu’s petition to J-1 visa waiver, which had allowed him to serve the people of West Marin.
Petaluma Health Center is committed to ensuring that patients in West Marin have uninterrupted access to primary care provider during a global pandemic. Recruitment for a primary care physician to serve the West Marin community is underway, and in the meantime physicians and other providers from Petaluma Health Center will provide care to Coastal Health Alliance’s patients.
On July 1st, Petaluma Health Center, Inc. (PHC) merged with Coastal Health Alliance, Inc. (CHA), in an effort to maintain and expand access to care for the people of West Marin, especially given the difficulty in recruiting health care providers to rural areas, which continues to threaten more and more Americans’ access to care.
Pedro Toledo, Chief Administrative Officer
Petaluma Health Center, Inc.
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits