Covid-19, Property Tax Penalty Waiver, Link to FAQs
Apr 21, San Rafael, CA – Marin County property owners needing relief from property tax penalties received welcome news April 21 regarding the tax collector’s COVID-19 penalty waiver process. The Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to give the Marin County Director of Finance the ability to waive property tax penalties for reasons that are specific to COVID-19.
The Board’s action is intended to address taxes that first became delinquent during the shelter-in-place order and includes reasons related to individual economic hardship. ... The Board resolution created a clear framework around the COVID-19 penalty waiver process and allows the Tax Collector’s Office to cancel penalties for reasons related to COVID-19 that are beyond the normal standard. It will also ensure accountability, equity, and uniformity in the process and will allow the County to quantify the financial impact of COVID-19 on property taxes should opportunities for reimbursement become available.
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits