Sr. Capt. Ghisletta, PRS fire station, asks everyone to plan for evacuations. Check links in this posting. Determine two routes, if possible. Vehicle evacuation would be great but, also, where you would go on foot. Please remember emergency vehicles could be going onto your road when you'd want to leave by vehicle.
Below is a link to FIRESafe Marin’s thorough and specific Evacuation Checklist. Please review this, as well as other info on FIRESafe Marin, readymarin.org & pointreyesdisastercouncil.org.
If possible, work out a plan for banging on doors on your way out, if time allows. Who would need help? One area has divided its roads so neighbors take a segment of houses on their way out. Again, only if time allows. Area Coordinators & Neighborhood liaisons can take a lead, or co-lead, this planning. A plan gets you thinking but should be adaptable for real-time.
Please remember, don’t wait for an evacuation order if you want to go—or if a vulnerable person(s) should go.
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits