Governor's Exec Order
Six pages posted as a png. If it can't be read in full, please go to: https://www.pointreyesdisastercouncil.org/safety-information
Summary of a few points: (1) extends for 60 days expiration dates for notaries public whose commissions are set to expire; notaries can use an expired DMV driver’s license or identification card to confirm identification, consistent with prior action that extended expiration dates for driver’s licenses and identification cards.
(2) allows for retired peace officers to temporarily be reemployed for up to a year if they left the agency in good standing; also authorizes remote reporting under the Sex Offender Registration Act consistent with state public health guidance. This will help facilitate reporting that otherwise may not be occurring or not occurring in a manner that protects law enforcement personnel and registrants.
(3) extends by 60 days certain procedural deadlines of the Department of Industrial Relations, including the deadline for workers to file wage claims with the Labor Commissioner; the deadline for employers to appeal Cal/OSHA citations; and the deadline for Workers’ Compensation Administrative Law Judges to issue decisions.
~ posted by Lynn Axelrod, pointreyesdisastercouncil.org
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits