June 10 PG&E Regional Wildfire Safety Webinar: Power shutoffs, progress on key safety initiatives, more
June 10, 5:30-7 pm. Includes: Making PSPS events shorter, smaller; PG&E's wildfire prevention plans; progress on key safety initiatives; resources to prepare for wildfire season. Closed captioning in English, Spanish, Chinese.
From PG&E: "As we all work to fight coronavirus (COVID-19), we also know wildfire season is around the corner. PG&E is working to prevent wildfires and reduce the impact of Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events. Our essential work for the safety of customers and communities will continue as long as we can perform it safely for both employees and customers. The focus of these efforts, and the sole purpose of a PSPS event, is to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfires during severe fire-risk weather. ... We invite you to join us for an interactive webinar with details about our plans for this year. You will hear about work in your community, have the opportunity to ask questions of PG&E subject matter experts and share your feedback."
Link to webpage/ how to join webinar: https://www.pge.com/en_US/safety/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfir...
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits