Tele-townhall Wildfire Prep & Insurance, Tues, June 9, 6:30 pm
Cal. Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara; Senator Mike McGuire; Marin County Fire Chief Jason Weber; Santa Rosa Fire Chief Tony Gossner
Latest about hardening our homes & to better prepare our communities against wildfires. Commissioner Lara will focus on bringing stability to the residential insurance market. Insurance companies have been issuing a record number of non-renewal insurance notices to homeowners due to the increasing threat of wildfire.
How to attend: Dial 844-721-7241, enter code 7593289 and follow the prompts. You will be connected to the live town hall via telephone and you will be able to listen to the speakers providing critical updates.
How to join the conversation on and get involved with the Town Hall: Please RSVP and submit your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senator McGuire in the subject line.
~posted by Lynn Axelrod, pointreyesdisastercouncil.org
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits