Commons Celebrations: BARN DANCES!
Commons Celebrations is a central program of the West Marin Commons. West Marin Commons has sponsored regular Community Barn Dances at Toby's Feed Barn in Point Reyes Station since 2007.
Since June 2010, West Marin Commons has hosted the Western Weekend Barn Dance in partnership with the West Marin Lions Club and Toby's Feed Barn.
Over the years, Barn Dance Collaborators have included Gallery Route One's Latino Photography Project, Shoreline School Readiness, and the Tomales Bay Youth Center.
OUR DANCE CALLERS have included Eric Hoffman, Andy Wilson, and Evie Ladin.
Local musician, Ingrid Noyes, performs and helps bring together many wonderful LOCAL MUSICIANS including Tawnya Kovach, Sue Walters, Morgan Cochneuer, Paul Shelasky, Ernie Noyes, Miguel Govea, Susan Peña, Michael Harmon, Paul Knight, as well as guest and traveling musicians. And at our last barn dance we danced to the fine music of Fairfax Johnny Caulfield and Friends.
Toby’s in Point Reyes Station on December 5, 2009: http://www.tedweinstein.com/pics/20091205_BarnDance/
(Thanks to Louis Jaffe/Ted Weinstein Photobooth Project, a fundraiser for our December dance!)
Tomales Town Hall on October 24, 2009 dance: http://gallery.me.com/stevehecht/100769
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits