Share timely information that affects West Marin!
Recently CommonsConnect.org members used the Alerts section of this website to share information about the interruption of telephone service in Point Reyes...and what to do about it. This kind of in-the-moment, grassroots communication can be extremely valuable.
Therefore, we invite you to use Alerts whenever you come across a story or fact that needs immediate attention or would enlighten your West Marin neighbors. Topics range from wildlife or celestial sightings to road closures, trees down, communication disruption, lost and found, etc but all topics are of the moment.
Posting on Alerts is easy. Just log in and click the "Add your alert" link on the home page. Then a brief title--3 or 4 words--, and in the "body" area take up to 300 characters to explain or describe what's happening. Be sure to scroll down and click "Preview," then "Post" to publish your alert.
To provide more information, after posting your Alert you might flesh out the story on Share.
If you're on the go and unable to access the website, simply email your Alert to email@example.com or Murray@pointreyespictures.com. One of the moderators will post the message for you.
Of course if immediate emergency assistance is required, call 911.
You may also consider signing up for the Marin Emergency Notification System. See www.alertmarin.org.
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits