West Marin Blogs
Welcome to Richard James's website about how art can speak louder than words about litter in the natural environment.
Elizabeth Whitney lives in Point Reyes Station, California. She has been associated with the 13 Moon Calendar Movement and the work of Jose Arguelles since Harmonic Convergence in 1987. Her galactic signature is Blue Solar Eagle: “Power of Vision”. She wrote a weekly column for the Malibu Surfside News from 2001- 2005; those columns appear under “wakingwaves.wordpress.com.” She welcomes any opportunity to share these writings on the Internet or in print. Please communicate your interest in this. You may quote from these essays with attribution. Thank you.
Follow the footsteps of author and biologist Jules Evens as he hikes every inch of trail in Point Reyes National Seashore, which turned 50 years old in 2012. Support the work of the Point Reyes National Seashore Association—trail maintenance, environmental education, research— by donating to the Point Reyes Walkabout campaign.
Chinese and Western Philosophy, Metaphysics, Psychology, and Religion by Anthony S. Wright Ph.D.c.
Building Thriving Grassroots Community-Based Organizations
Janet Robbins, West Marin longtime local, blogs about Paris.
Blog of David Mitchell, editor & publisher emeritus of The Point Reyes Light. In 1979, The Light won the Pulitzer Prize for Meritorious Public Service for an exposé largely written by him of the increasingly violent Synanon cult.
Commons Connect Forums provide a virtual gathering place to those who live and work in the West Marin Community. (Access to this local online forum is limited to those who work and live in the geographical area outlined here.)
A single registration allows community members to post local events on the Community Calendar, to post items of immediate importance on Alerts, and to access all of the forums including:
- West Marin Soapbox: Campaigns, Causes, and Discussions
- Over-the-Hill-Gang: Rides and Errands
- West Marin Share: Reuse materials; share information and services - a money free zone
- West Marin Marketplace: rentals; things and services for sale
- Tending the Wild Collaborative: An Ethnobiology Project
- Local Food System Initiative: Food and garden related shares and information
- Think Local West Marin: Appreciation and applause for our neighbors
- Commons Connect Tech Support: Help with our Web site features
- Volunteering Opportunities in West Marin: Help our local non-profits